If I could go back and give myself just
10 words of postpartum advice, it would be...
1. It’s okay to not “bounce back”. There’s nothing wrong with your body looking different after having a baby.
2. Every experience is truly different. Don’t compare your past experiences with your current ones. Don’t compare yourself to other moms, because you have completely different children.
3. It takes time to find who YOU are after baby. Give yourself grace during the process. You’ll see little glimpses of her come through as you become more comfortable in yourself.
4. You might feel touched out at times, but that doesn’t make you a bad mom.
5. It’s okay to ask for help if you need it. Holding it in only makes it harder. People DO want to help and listen.
6. You won’t always feel this exhausted. Hang in there. It does get better and things aren’t always so scary.
7. You won’t enjoy every moment and that’s okay. The moments you do enjoy, seriously make up for any “bad” ones!
8. It might be hard to connect with your little one at first, but it comes. It’ll hit you hard when it does. You’ll wonder why you ever worried.
9. You’ll eventually figure out the balance of YOUR motherhood. You’ll feel confident doing what works for your family!
10. It’s okay to cry. It’s okay to feel all of your emotions that you’re trying to bottle in. You don’t have to pretend to always be the “perfect” mom. Your kids love you as you are, just as you love them.
This post was brought to you by @tori.mccain. More than a toy designer, be mindful is a community of parents who are going through the process of building the best denizens of next generation. As such we encourage and delight in our community participating in our blog and social media efforts. Your voice will be heard across our community and who knows which kid or which parent your wisdom will enlighten! Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an inquiry on our site if you have a blog post idea you want to share!